Monday, July 10, 2017

June 26th, 2017

Hello Everyone!

This week was not too bad. We made quite a few appointments, the only problem is that people didn't show up to them. It's fine, happens all the time. We would've gotten 5 new investigators if people came to the appointments, but fortunately one person did. I'll get to that person later on in the email. Weather wise it seemed to have been up and down. Some times it was a warm 16 degree Celsius and other times it was a cold 13 degree. It looked like it was going to rain every day, and some times it did for a little bit. Some of the days it was really windy, especially towards the end of the week. I'm not really in the emailing mood today so I'm going to be really brief about what happened this week. 

It was P-day and we wanted to do something alittle bit different. So we traveled to Loch Winnoch and walked about around the edges of this beautiful Loch, that's also a nature park. There was some wild flowers, we saw alot of bugs and ducks. It was nice just wandering around without being in much of a rush and having no people around. There's like a hike thing we could do another P-day that will take us the whole day to do and we could also see some ruins. It was a really warm sunny day and I think I even got a little bit of tan.

Scotland South Conference is the same as Scotland West Conference they changed the name because it wasn't really just the west of Scotland more like the south west of Scotland. i think they should have the name south west Scotland conference... Any way, we woke up at 5:30am to travel to Edinburgh. Which was fine. Little did we know though that because of this we suffered for it being exhausted the next day. I loved Conference, we had our STLT's, AP's and President and Sister Donaldson talk to us about the Early Church, Apostasy and the Book of Mormon. A special thing about this conference is that we had 15 missionaries that came to this conference give their departing testimonies. It was really touching to hear how they feel about their mission and give their last words to us. So many of these Missionaries I've served with and knew. It's going to be a very different mission when they leave. In only 3 more conference I'll be sharing my departing testimony as well.


There's a partially less active member that adores Sister Missionaries, she invites us over for a meal every once and awhile. We taught her a quick lesson and then she asks us to do random acts of service. This time she wanted Sister Ligertwood to climb into her loft and take down her summer clothes. Made my day watching Sister Ligertwood climbing around in the loft holding a light bulb.
We were exhausted today from waking up early yesturday and I was dragging my feet the entire day. We still kept going though. In the Evening, we were walking past some pubs when a drunk guy walked infront of us and called us STUNNING. We some how were talking to these men, they were decently nice but unfortunately were drunk. Sister Ligertwood was talking to the other two guys because the conversation split, I was still standing next to Sister Ligertwood though. I ended up getting into a conversation with the man that called us stunning. Needless to say eventually we got away, but the man gave both of us an unwanted hug before we left... 


This morning we had interviews with President Donaldson. It was really nice talking to him and Sister Donaldson. Afterwards they took us out for a quick lunch, we decided on KFC. If my memory is correct I don't ever remember eating KFC in my life except for once or twice in Australia so it must've been about 6 or 7 years or even longer since I've eaten KFC. I got a wrap and it wasn't that bad. We then rushed to an appointment we made and Andrea showed up! It was awesome, first female investigator I've had in forever. We are hopefully coming to her home on Tuesday and teaching her more. In the evening we saw a less active and her non member sister, we taught them about the Law of Tithing and Fast. Over all we were still tired but the day went by really quickly.


Nothing much happened during the day, a bunch of people didn't show up to the appointments we set with them. In the evening we had a dinner appointment with the Calders, they're a really lovely family and are a big help to the missionaries in the Paisley Ward. We also went to Blend to support a less Active Lady who was singing and reading a poem she wrote at the Open Mic Night. Blend is a Christian Cafe, and the creative things people shared some times had a Christian undertone to it. If I ever come back to Paisley I would want to come to another Open Mic night, it's pretty fun. We left though right after Liya's act. 


We GQed all day because people didn't show up to their appointments again. Taught Joseph a recent convert, he really loves Christ. When we read a random Chapter out of the Book of Mormon he was smiling and said it was like the scriptures were talking to him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and it helped him feel a lot of peace with his life. Knowing that Eternal happiness is waiting for those that are righteous and it's ETERNAL.

We had two munch 'n Mingles in one day once after Church and again after the Fireside that was held in the evening for the Triplets that are leaving on their missions in the next month. Another boy is leaving on his mission on Tuesday to Albania Mission. It's really strange listening to these kids give their farewell talks. I started thinking about my farewell talk and cringed a little bit because of how bad it was. When I come home I'll hopefully have more things to say. We ended up recieveing all the left overs from the two munch and mingles. Which consisted of a lot of cake. A Elder that just got off him mission came to church on Sunday with his family. I don't know Elder Flynn at all because he served a lot of his mission in Ireland. 

And that was my week. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.

Sister Miranda Johnson,​

No comments:

Post a Comment