Monday, July 10, 2017

15th May 2017 Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day Yesturday!
It feels a bit awkward to email right now because yesturday I got to Skype. Not much has happened this week, on Monday the District came to the Ayr Ward and we ate Haggis. I don't particularly like Haggis, I like it as much as I like Peanut Butter. Which means I'll eat it with other stuff but I rather not have it at all. On Monday that was it, Tuesday Sister Parker and I woke up at 5am to take a train to Glasgow then to Edinburgh for a conference. It was a combination of Paisley, Glasgow and Edinburgh Zone. There was a lot of different stuff talked about but as usual I got that I need to be a better missionary than I am. Wednesday we taught Daniel again, he's doing really well. Daniel didn't come to Church this Sunday because on Friday he went to a Priesthood activity and is still in pain from the effort. 🙁 Daniel is praying everyday night and morning, he says that since he started doing that he's felt an peace in his life and doesn't worry about things that he used to. I think Daniel is going to be a spiritual giant in a few years if he keeps going like he is. Paula and Niall was suppose to get baptized together this weekend but Paula wasn't ready for it. Niall got baptized though and it was so cool. On Sunday he received the Holy Ghost and the Aaronic Priesthood! My recent convert Chris got to bless the sacrament for the first time this Sunday! I'm so proud of everyone, they grow up so fast! 😢
Really besides from all of this not much has happened this week. Probably only have 2 weeks left in Ayr not, which is really sad. I'm going to feel sorry to leave all of the wonderful people I've been fortunate to teach. I love being a missionary on weeks like this, making friends and helping them find Christ. I found a scripture last week that stuck with me in Hebrews 5 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Through the things Christ experience he was made perfect. He went through all the struggles we've been through, the purpose of him and us coming here is to gain experience. But it's only by obedience during these trials and enduring well that we can gain eternal salvation, becoming who we are meant to be. 

Love all of you!​

No comments:

Post a Comment