Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16th 2017

This week has been quite busy, and now that it's P-day I'm probably going to spend most of my time sleeping because I'm just soooo tired.
Tuesday
My First District Meeting in Ayr, I enjoyed finally meeting my district and I'm excited to work and learn from everyone. I gave my first devotional in District Meeting and I was very nervous, I did it on Sacrifice. I talked about how man has always been asked to sacrifice.
Adam was told by an angel, "This thing is similitude of the sacrifice of the Only Begottenof the Father, which is full of grace and truth." (Moses 5:5-7) In the next scripture we are told why in ancient times they were asked to follow the Law of Moses in the sacrificing of animals. 16 Now they did not suppose that salvation came by the law of Moses; but the law of Moses did serve to strengthen their faith in Christ; and thus they did retain hopethrough faith, unto eternal salvation, relying upon the spirit of prophecy, which spake of those things to come. It was in symbolism of Christ sacrifice, but not only that but to help strengthen their faith. Even though the law of Moses has been fullfilled we are still asked to sacrifice, 2 Nephi 9:19-20 we are asked to offer up a broken heart and contrite spirit. We follow a higher law instead of putting an animal on the alter we place the animal inside of us upon the alter and allow it to be consumed. The difinition of the word sacrifice means literally to make sacred or to render sacred. As we place the sacrifice of the animal inside of us we make ourselves sacred, be become godly. The amount of ourselves that is ungodly is told to us in Matthew 22:3, "Love the lord thy God with all they heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind." The more we sacrifice the more we love him and our testimonies are strengthened. We become more pure more holy and eventually we can become like God himself.
Afterwards we had lunch and then taught Jason, he really wants to be baptised but it's going to be tough because he's Autistic and doesn't really have much motivation to leave his flat some days. He's a really nice guy but struggles with alot of things. We had the Dickson's for dinner and afterwards Sister Sharky picked us up and we taught Aairon (10 year old boy). Sister Sharky is a primary teacher and basically taught the whole lesson. It was on the Word of Wisdom, she brought her 4 year old grandson who was very helpful and Aairon enjoyed playing with him. The rest of the night we went GQing. Sister Lawson and I talked to a guy who said he died last week... okay...
Wednesday
It was a very very very long day. A few lessons fell through and we ended up GQing in the hail and wind.
Thursday
Woke upand my eyes were hurting. We traveled to Kilmarnock to pass Steven over to the Elders. It was really snowing in Kilmarnock, not as thick as Utah but it was sticking around abit and there was about 5cm of snow on the ground. I'm not sure how successful the lesson was with passing Steven over to the Elders, but Elder Wall and Elder Augestine are really nice guys. Steven seemed to be more open about himself in this lesson than he was in the past. When we got back to Ayr some Sister Missionaries were leaving their doctor's appointment and we were able to sit and have lunch with them. Afterwards I decided that I should see if the Pharmacy had anything for my eye because it was still bothering me. They suggested to go to the Optomitrist, I ask how much it was and they said it was free. Apparently they didn't realize that I wasn't from here... It's was all good though because when the Optomitrist looked at it she said I have an alcer in my eye and need to get antibiotic drops and synthetic tear gel thing. I spent the rest of the day putting the gel in my eye every hour and the antibiotic drops every 2 hours... 😥 Why is there always some thing wrong with me!!!!
We followed up on a refferal from Elder Augestine because he has relatives in our area. It was very awkward...
Friday
Taught Graham with a member. And it was okay, we talked about the Commandments and the Sabbeth day. Then the Optrician looked at my eye again and said it's healing. YAY!! Still have to put drops in my eye and wear glasses. Then as we were hunting down Darryn the ex-convict we ran into a guy that might've been trying to do a drug deal with him. His name is Paul, Paul is an addict of many things. He wants to know God and quit his many addictions.
We also saw him on Saturday too at a Christian Cafe that was playing Piano Guys in the background. Also on Saturday we meet with the Kerr's a wonderful less active family, we gave them some talks to read and it was very spiritual. Sister Lawson and I felt like an answer to many prayers in that meeting.
Sunday just Graham went to Church. 😖 It's okay though. Sister Lawson doesn't want me to say this but hopefully crossing my fingers we'll be having his baptism this week end. Please pray for him. 
It's been a long week but I feel pretty satisfied with how hard I worked which is a good feeling.
Have an awesome week. Bye!!!
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment